Our top modelling tips that every model should know
1. Modelling is a business, and as a model, you are your own business! Like any business, it takes time, effort, commitment, and patience to become a successful model. Remember that success does not happen over night.
2. Present yourself as the perfect candidate: show confidence, have a good attitude and a friendly personality. Show your personal style, but keep it clean and simple and always make a good first impression.
3. Keep a healthy lifestyle: drink a lot of water, hold on to a healthy diet, work-out regularly, get sufficient sleep and avoid cigarettes and alcohol.
4. Look after your skin and your hair: use skin & hair care products, keep make-up at a minimum, take off your make-up every night and go for a regular trim.
5. Apply and attend as much castings and go-sees as possible: For models, a casting or a go see is a job interview, and should be regarded as such. Be prepared!
6. Model agency representation: If you are looking for representation within a model agency, or if a model agency contacts you, please make sure the contract is reliable and includes the standard conditions of the industry. Keep an eye on the following points: percentage of commission, duration of contract, cancellation terms, exclusiveness, any hidden costs or fees (basically read the small print!) If you have any doubts please contact us. Don't sign a contract if you do not feel 100% sure!
New Faces & Professional Models!
- Create your free profile
- Expand your network
- Get more modeling jobs!